I just came across an older bibliography of clickable links to resources. I created it for a biblical theology course I taught, so it focuses quite a bit on typology. Although it could stand some updating, I figure it still retains its original value for any of you who would like easy access to some wider reading on typological studies.
- Allison, Gregg R. “Theological Interpretation of Scripture: An Introduction and Preliminary Evaluation.” Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 14.2 (Summer 2010): 28–36.
- Baker, David. “Interpreting Texts in the Context of the Whole Bible.” Themelios 5.2 (1980): 21–25.
- Beale, Greg K. “Did Jesus and his Followers Preach the Right Doctrine from the Wrong Texts?” Themelios 14.3 (April 1989): 89–96.
- _____. “The Right Doctrine, Wrong Texts: Can we follow the Apostles’ Doctrine but not their Hermeneutic?” Foundations 60 (Spring 2011): 39–46.
- _____. “The Old Testament Background of Paul’s Reference to ‘the Fruit of the Spirit’ in Galatians 5:22.” Bulletin for Biblical Research 15.1 (2005) 1–38.
- Berkouwer, G. C. “General and Special Divine Revelation.” In Carl F. H. Henry, ed. Revelation and the Bible, 13–24. Contemporary Evangelical Thought. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1958.
- Bray, Gerald. “Scripture and Tradition in Reformation Thought.” Evangelical Review of Theology 19.2 (April 1995): 157–66.
- Bruce, F. F. “Primary Sense and Plenary Sense,” Peake Memorial Lecture. Epworth Review 4 (1977): 94–109.
- _____. “The Book of Zechariah and the Passion Narrative.” Bulletin of the John Rylands Library 43 (March 1961): 336–53.
- Carr, G. Lloyd “The Old Testament Love Songs and Their Use in the New Testament.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 24.2 (June 1981) 97–105.
- Donaldson, Terence L. “Parallels: Use, Misuse and Limitations.” Evangelical Quarterly 55.4 (Oct–Dec 1983): 193–210.
- Ellis, E. Earle. “How the New Testament Uses the Old.” In I. Howard Marshall, ed., New Testament Interpretation: Essays on Principles and Methods, 1977/ Carlisle: Paternoster Press, revised 1979.
- Evans, M. J. “The Old Testament as Christian Scripture.” Vox Evangelica 16 (1986): 25–32.
- Frame, John. “Doctrine of the Word of God: Lecture Outline.”
- Gaebelein, Frank E. “The Unity of the Bible.” In Carl F. H. Henry, ed., Revelation and the Bible, 389–401. Contemporary Evangelical Thought. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1958.
- Glenny, W. Edward. “The Divine Meaning of Scripture: Explanations and Limitations.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 38.4 (Dec 1995): 481–500.
- Goheen, Michael W. The Urgency of Reading the Bible as One Story in the 21st Century.
- Hughes, H. Dale. “Salvation-History as Hermeneutic.” Evangelical Quarterly 48.2 (April–June 1976): 79–89.
- Knight, George W., III, “The Scriptures Were Written for Our Instruction.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 39.1 (March 1996) 3–13.
- Marcel, Pierre Ch. “Our Lord’s Use of Scripture.” In Carl F. H. Henry, ed., Revelation and the Bible, 121–34. Contemporary Evangelical Thought. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1958.
- Packer, J. I. “Upholding the Unity of Scripture.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 26.4 (Dec 1982): 409–14.
2 thoughts on “Typology: Linkable Resources”
Thank you again. i found some of the topics that are helpful for my reading. Shalom.
I’m glad you found these links useful.